Friday, July 22, 2011

Boiled Peanuts and a First Post

To say I am severely less than computer literate would be an understatement. I can type and email and that is about the extent of it, but recently I started a blog which you can find here. <-- One of the many things I have learned in my blogging adventures.

So why am I starting this blog? For a few reasons, but the main ones are
. . . to get a feel for different host sites
. . . possibly start to brand my work

I realize multiple blogs are usually done by more experienced bloggers, but my ultimate goal isn't to have 2 blogs. It's to figure out which ONE I want to maintain. Do not let my ambition fool you. I work full time, am busy raising a family, and am trying to figure out which direction God is leading my life all the while. So now that I've bored you with all that . . .

On to the boiled peanuts!

I don't know what made me decide I needed to make these, but they were as easy as can be.

Boil water - I'd fill up any size pot you choose, because you'll need to refill the water as it evaporates the longer the nuts boil.


Add about 1 tablespoon of salt per quart of water

Add raw peanuts and boil for a few hours - I boiled the first batch I made for 1 1/2 hours and the second for 4 hours. The second batch was far better!


My husband and brother-in-law, who believe they are experts of southern food, ate them up in a matter of minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment